Friday, February 15, 2013

February 21/Web: The New Rules of the Form I-9: Attorney Tips on How to Prepare

The Department of Homeland Security will soon be releasing a new version of the Form I-9, the ubiquitous employment eligibility verification form which must be completed for all newly hired employees in the United States. The new I-9 features several important changes, including additional questions, re-positioning of certain data fields, and a new 2-page layout which may make it the most complicated 2-page form in America!
While some of the proposed changes are minor in nature, employers still need to update their current  procedures in order to remain compliant with the law. These proactive steps are especially important, as the government continues to ramp up I-9 auditing of all employers nationwide.
The new I-9 is coming… have you familiarized yourself with the proposed form? Are you ready for the changes? Have you considered how new I-9 fields and instructions will impact your paper or electronic I-9 processing?
Whether you just need a refresher on the upcoming changes or you have no idea what the new I-9 looks like, this webinar clinic will provide compliance tips and expert commentary on how to prepare new policies and practices now to prevent issues and mistakes when the new I-9 comes.
You'll walk away from this webinar with:
  • A checklist on how to prepare now
  • An understanding (field-by-field) of the new changes to the Form I-9
  • Expert tips on avoiding I-9 mistakes
  • Latest developments in workplace & immigration enforcement
Title:
The New Rules of the Form I-9: Attorney Tips on How to Prepare
When/Where:
Thursday, February 21, 2013
12:30pm EST/ 9:30am PST
Webcast
Speakers:
  • Bonnie Gibson, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy
  • Nici Kersey, Kersey Immigration Compliance, LLC
  • John Fay, LawLogix Group Inc.
  • Moderator: Dan Siciliano, Stanford Law School
By:
LawLogix
Credit:
The sponsors do not seem to have registered for CLE credit. However the subject matter and speakers appear to be a combination for which a number of credit-granting authorities would approve, upon participant application.
More Information And Registration

No comments:

Post a Comment