Thursday, June 9, 2011

Telecon/June 14 - Outspoken Opinionated Attorneys Needed for #Ethics seminar!


Attention Minnesota, Wisconsin and New York Attorneys: Richard Clem has a free CLE opportunity for you - if you're opinionated!
He writes:

"I'm going to be doing an "Elimination of Bias" CLE on Tuesday, June 14. Two credits of "Elimination of Bias" are required in Minnesota, but such programs are rarely offered outside the state, and can be difficult to find for Minnesota licensed attorneys living in other states. I have a couple of people in that position, and I'll be doing a telephone conference call on Tuesday, June 14 at 1:00 PM Central Time.
I've exhausted everything I know about the subject in the first hour of the program, so the second hour is an open discussion by the participants. Unfortunately, two people doesn't make for a very lively discussion.
Therefore, I'm using the lure of free CLE credit to get a couple more people to participate. The more opinionated you are, the better. If you have personal experience with bias in the legal profession or court system and would like to share, that would be greatly appreciated. But unfortunately, this won't be the typical CLE where you can sit in the back of the room and read the newspaper.
If you are interested, please let me know at clem.law@usa.net. I'll send you the course materials from the first half of the program to read, along with the proposed discussion questions, and instructions for calling in.
I have applied for 1.0 Minnesota Elimination of Bias credit. In addition, I will be applying for 1.0 Wisconsin standard CLE credit. Wisconsin credit was granted for the first half of the program, but I'm not sure how they will treat the discussion format. But Wisconsin has reciprocity with New York, so if it's approved, it will also provide New York credit. Many other states will get you credit on the strength of the Minnesota credit.
Full program description can be found at: http://www.richardclem.com/courses/teleconferences/BiasJune14.html
Thanks!
--Richard Clem"
My Comment:
This looks like a lot of fun, and also very useful. Attorney Clem doesn't say so, but I suspect it'll be "first come first served" so if you want to take the deal, I'd suggest contacting him right away!
More: 
http://www.richardclem.com/courses/teleconferences/BiasJune14.html

No comments:

Post a Comment